Effective Date: 15th June, 2020
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
THIS STATEMENT PROVIDES GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRIVACY STATEMENT OF THIS WEBSITE AND ITS RELATED APP. IF YOU ARE UNDER 16 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT WITH YOUR PARENTS OR GUARDIAN AND ASK THEM QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.
YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE BY YOU OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
LANCE GLASSES LLC (collectively, “LANCE GLASSES”, “we”, “our” and “us”.) has created this privacy statement (“Statement”) in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to the privacy of the details that you provide to us when using www.lanceglasses.com (“collectively “the website”), as the data controller for the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the relevant United States Data Protection Legislation, CALOPPA.
At LANCE GLASSES, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of all visitors to our website. In particular, we want you to know that the website is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We believe your business is no one else’s. Your Privacy is important to you and to us. So, we’ll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, LANCE GLASSES follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
– We won’t sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
– We‘ll use state – of – the – art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
We take your privacy seriously and take measures to provide all visitors and users of the website with a safe and secure environment.
The Personal Information on the www.lanceglasses.com , is collected, controlled and processed by the data controller; [Insert Name] collected on behalf of;
LANCE GLASSES LLC
[Insert Business Address].
Telephone; [Insert Phone No]
EMAIL: email@example.com .
The personal information gathered will not be processed for any purpose other than the following purposes. If any changes occur, we will inform you in advance and ensure you agree with them.
1. Membership registration and management
The personal information you provide shall be used to verify the membership registration, give various notification, and handle complaints.
2. Deal with complaints
The personal information you provide shall be used to identify individuals, verify complaints, and to contact and notify the results for an in-depth investigation.
3. Provision of services or products
The personal information you provide shall be used for shipping, providing service/contents (newsletter), sending invoice, and making payments.
4. Marketing and advertising
The personal information you provide shall be used for new service (product) development and provision of customized service, advertising information including event and offer opportunity to participate as well as understanding the frequency of access or statistics on the use of services by members.
1. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ON OUR WEBSITE?
Registration or information requests through our website
When you register yourself in order to buy products or when you wish to receive information from our company, you can fill in a form on our website or send us an e-mail with your request for information.
In the form on our website we ask you to provide the following (personal) data, including special personal data, if necessary, for providing our services:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Date of birth (if you request us to submit a claim for reimbursement of your prescription glasses with your health insurance provider on your behalf)
- Medical data (eg. eye test prescription data)
- Bank account/credit card details
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
- We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. If we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Policy.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through: Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you purchase for our products or services; create an account on our website; subscribe to our service, mailing list and any other publications; request marketing to be sent to you; enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us some feedback. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies. Please see below for further details. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this
Personal Information to:
– Communicate with you / to contact you (by phone or by e-mail); and to answer your questions or remarks and/or provide you with the requested information or advice;
– Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- to send you our weekly email newsletter with offers and information about similar products and services, but only if you have specifically opted in for this.
- to analyse personal data in order to provide personalised offers
- to secure your account and order information;
- to secure our business goals:
- for data analysis, for example to improve the efficiency of the Services;
- for the development of new products and services
- to improve or change our website or our products and services
- to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We can use the device information as well to do some marketing actions like remarketing in Facebook Network or GDN (Google Display Network)
We also share information about your use of our website with our trusted social media, advertising and analysis partners (e.g. Facebook in respect of the Facebook pixel).
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to selected third parties, including:
• Third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as providers of IT and email distribution services, who may use your personal information for the purposes mentioned above;
• Advisors such as accountants, lawyers, and consultants;
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets (and their respective advisers), who may use the personal information in connection with the sale or purchase;
• If LANCE GLASSES or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, to the relevant third party (and its advisers) who may use the data in connection with the acquisition;
• Analytics providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Websites;
• Law enforcement agencies or other third parties for the purposes described below.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR DATA?
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
All Your Personal Information we collect will always belong to you. However, we are a collector and a processor of Your Personal Information. That implies on us obligations to respect your rights to Personal Information and facilitate the exercise of your rights thereto. In order to use any of your rights at any time please contact us and we will facilitate the exercise of your rights free of charge. We will inform you on the actions taken by us under your request as soon as practically possible, but in any case, not later than in 30 (thirty) calendar days.
In accordance with effective regulations you have a significant number of rights related to your Personal Information, such as e.g.:
Right to access. You may obtain from us the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and get an access to such personal data. You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to remove any of your personal data we may have.
Right to rectify your inaccurate Personal Information and to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement
Right to erase your Personal Information. Please note that a request to erase your Personal Information will also terminate your account on the Site. We will automatically and without undue delay erase your Personal Information when it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
Right to restrict processing of your Personal Information;
Right to data portability. You may obtain from us the personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us and transmit it to another Personal Information Controller;
Right to object to processing of Your Personal Information,
Right to withdraw your consent to the usage of your Personal Information at any time
6. USE BY MINORS
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 16. If you are younger than 16 years old, you cannot make use of the Services and you must refrain from providing personal data. If your child has unexpectedly submitted personal information to us and you wish to request that the same personal data be removed, please contact us.
Although the transmission of data over the internet may be subject to intrusion, we protect your personal data by ensuring we have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to avoid unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental loss, use, alteration or destruction of such Information. Where we engage third-party contractors, as far as is necessary, we may share Information in order for such parties to perform services on our behalf and in accordance with enforceable confidentiality obligations. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require.
- Regular self-audit conducted – We conduct our own audits regularly to ensure the stability of handling personal information.
- Minimization and conduct training of employees handling personal information. Employees who deal with personal information are designated and limited to the person in charge.
- Establishment and enforcement of internal management plan We have established and implemented internal management plan for handling personal information in the most secure way.
- Technical measures against hacking We installed a security program to prevent leakage and damage of personal information from hacking or computer viruses, also we periodically update and check the systems that are being installed and monitored both technically and physically.
- Encryption of personal information. The personal information of the user is encrypted, stored, and managed which only the user can recognize it. Separate security function is being used, for example encrypting the file and transmit data or using the file lock function for important data.
- Restrict access to personal information – We take necessary measures to control access to personal information through granting, modifying, and obliterating the authority to access to the database system that processes personal information. We also control unauthorized access from external by using an intrusion prevention system.
- Access control of unauthorized persons. We have set up a separate physical storage area for personal information and operate access control procedures.
8. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Please contact us by email, should you wish to: Request access to your personal data – enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and check that we are lawfully processing it.
9. OTHER WEBSITES
This Policy applies to our services only. The Site may contain links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications over which we have no control. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of such other websites and we encourage you to review the privacy policies, if any, on all such websites.
10. AUTOMATICALLY GENERATED DATA / COOKIES
When using our Website, your IP address can be registered or cookies or other technologies can be used. In addition, we can surf, search and/or click on the Website and on websites of advertisers (including the webshops affiliated with us) or tracking. The IP address is stored in a temporary log file. We also share information about your use of our website with our trusted social media, advertising and analysis partners, such as Facebook in respect of the Facebook pixel and Quantcast in respect of the Quantcast pixel.
A cookie is a small file that is sent along with pages of a website and stored by your browser on the hard disk of your computer. For example, cookie-related techniques are the use of fingerprints and scripts. With this data, sometimes personal data is stored or consulted. On the basis of this information you can be recognised on a later visit. You may set up your computer to reject all or some cookies although, in that case, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site. If you do not wish to receive cookies in the future, please let us know.
Please note that if you refuse to store cookies, you may have difficulty using our customized service.
11. CHANGES IN THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
The effective date at the bottom of this page indicates when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will notify you before any material change takes effect so that you have time to review the changes. Any change is effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.